1. Keyword Search
To find an Ad for a specific item or service on Quikr, you need to enter the relevant / exact keyword and the search feature on the site will display results matching your search terms.
Users can enter keywords in the Keyword search text box as shown below. Incase you want to search your Ad posted on the site, enter the Ad ID in the search box. You can get the Ad ID by viewing you Ad in 'My Quikr' section.
2. Search by Category/Sub category
You can even search for items within a specific category. All you need to do is select the relevant category that matches your search term from the drop down option besides the search box.
We have also introduced an autocomplete feature to facilitate easy search.
3. No Capital Letter Distinguishing
If you put in keyword as "nike" or "NIKE", searching result would be the same.
4. Make use of Space
If you have more than one keyword, there is no need to include "and" between keywords, just use space.
You can contact posters by replying to their Ads. Fill in the required details like email, name, and message with your contact details (if you want them to contact you) to the advertiser and click on "Submit" button. Your reply will be sent to the poster by email.
With the new upgraded feature on Quikr you can now forward the ad you are viewing (could be your ad too) to a friend, by clicking on the 'Tell a friend' tab.
It offers you to
1) Send an Ad through your email, available on Yahoo, Google or MSN
2) You can even create your own Blog
3) Or access social networking sites.
4) One can also access live messenger here.
Options available in the'Tell a friend' feature
On the view Ad page, you can report Ads which you feel are fraudulent or inappropriate for site.
1. Go to the "Report" section on the right side of the view Ad page.
2. Choose a reporting reason from the pre-defined drop down options. For eg: Spam, Duplicate etc.
3. Give a reason for reporting the Ad.
4. Share your email address and click on "Report".
5. The Quikr team will action upon the Ad within 24 hrs based on the site policies.
Popular Search is a list of most popular searched items in a city. You could see the most popular searches in your city or category either though the link in the footer of every page or on the view ad page.